200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training India - Aims & Objective
A 200 hour yoga teacher training course is the first step in your journey as a yoga teacher.
The study of Yoga is beneficial in many ways. Besides the physical part like getting more strenght and flexibility, you will develop more self-discipline and self-control. Regular practice also leads to a higher level of awareness, concentration and consciousness. It will keep you more balanced and grounded in your daily life and improves your sleep and overall health.
Briefly, the aims and objectives of the study of Yoga are:
1) Practicing ‘mental hygiene’ and self care for body, mind and spirit
2) Integrating values such as honesty, compassion and humility in your daily life
3) Attaining a higher level of consciousness
4) Reaching a permanent state of emotional stability
What you learn in the course
To master and teach various Hatha Yoga Techniques such as
– six steps: centering, getting into the pose, refining the pose, holding the pose, coming out of the pose; rest and reflection and full body warm up
– methods of chanting, effects
– methods of cleaning the body
Mudras and Bandhas
– different types and benefits
– four aspects: parooka, rechaka, antar kumbhaka, bahir kumbhaka – aspects and types of breathing
– different types and benefits
How to teach a Yoga class
– demonstration of Asanas, assisting and correcting
– Yoga for specific groups and Yoga to deal with common ailments like joint pain, back pain, knee pain, asthma, etc.
– Qualities and Conduct of a Teacher while leading a class
About Anatomy and Physiology:
– getting a basic overview of human anatomy and physiology (structure and functions): bones, ligaments, muscles and nerves as well as bodily systems such as the respiratory system, digesting system, circulatory system
– studying the energy systems and chakras
About the history and significance of Yoga by studying
– Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
– Hatha Yoga Pradipika
You will also learn about Yoga lifestyle (nutrition, karma), ethics for Yoga teachers and the siginificance of Yoga in today’s fast paced environment.
What Your course includes:
- all classes according to the daily schedule
- 3 healthy, vegetarian meals per day (If you have any special dietary requirements please inform us at least 7 days before the start of the course).
- herbal tea per day and unlimited drinking water (starting with breakfast on the first day and ends with dinner on the last day of the course)
- one day trips to surprise destinations (Extra charges)
- course book and materials
- certificate upon completion of the course
How does the daily schedule look like?
06.15 Morning tea (Herbal tea)
06.30 to 07:45 Pranayama/Meditation
08.00 to 09.30 Hatha yoga
09.30 to 10.30 Breakfast
11.30 to 01.00 Mantras / Alignment / Anatomy Philosophy
01.00 to 02.00 Lunch
02.00 to 03:30 Philosophy/ Teaching practice
04.00 to 05.30 Hatha yoga
07.00 to 08.00 Dinner
Sunday Day off
**schedule subject to change**
What are the payment policies?
For booking the course we ask for a non-refundable deposit of 200 USD (shared room) & 400 USD (Private room) to reserve your spot in the Teacher Training. The remaining balance of 1000 USD (shared room) – 1,100 USD (private room) should be paid upon arrival with either CASH (USD or INR). In Varkala town you find a lot of ATM machines to withdrawal cash.
What happens if I need to cancel the course?
Deposits for the course are non-refundable. However, if you are not able to attend the course, please inform us as soon as possible. You will be charged the full amount for your course if you decide to leave early.
What else should I know
As Yoga cleanses not only the mind but also the body we would ask you to refrain from taking any intoxicants (that includes coffee, alcohol and cigarettes) during your course. Ideally you would start to detox already a few days ahead of the course.
What certificate will I get?
Pranam Yoga Joseph is a registered Yoga School – RYS 200. Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses fully comply with the standards set by Yoga Aliance. As a graduate you can register with your certificate as RYT 200 as per their qualifications.
For more info please see https://www.yogaalliance.org/